Monday 29 April 2013

Ironman

Completed Concept


Today I have been working from a reference picture to recreate a picture of Ironman I liked but in my own art style. 

As you can see from the image below I work with an original picture as reference but I do not believe in drawing over the picture (that would be cheating!) my artwork is all free hand. Making mine slightly different to the original picture making it unique to me, learning more about form and composition as I go. 

I also learnt a lot from this exercise regarding colour range and tone to achieve metallic effects of metal.


My next steps are to learn more about the human form and eventually be able to recreate artwork like this from memory.

I've also had some excellent advice today regarding form and anatomy and that is to look at the Hulk - as his muscles are exaggerated this can help again a greater understanding of the subject. (Thanks Stu!).



Development early stages and reference image

No comments:

Post a Comment